Master Cosmetologist – (1500 Hours)
The master cosmetologist program consists of 1500 hours of theory and practical training in the arts and sciences of hairstyling, haircutting, coloring, permanent waving, chemical hair relaxing, thermal styling, nail and skincare techniques, anatomy, chemistry, bacteriology and sanitation, professionalism, retailing, equipment care, salon management, basic nail techniques, basic facial & skin techniques, make-up, and brow tweezing & wax and brow/lash tint.
1. To develop knowledge, understanding, skill and appreciation in the theory and operation of cosmetology arts & sciences.
2. To develop habits of good workmanship and the orderly performance of various tasks in the work environment.
3. To engage in optimal sanitation routines during routine practice in order to protect clients from unnecessary exposure to harmful microorganisms.
4. To master the arts of hair, nail, and esthetics arts that encompass the Master Cosmetologist program curriculum.
5. To learn to select wisely, care for, and use properly, commercial products that are related to the application of treatments.
6. To help the student to prepare for the state board examinations in order to obtain a license to practice.
7. To prepare students for entry level jobs in their professional career.